Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oxygen? HA! Overrated.

So Rob came by last week w/ some kinda respiratory infection. I wanted to be proactive and get some antibiotics bc if I get respiratory shit, my asthma goes haywire and I land in the hospital. I got my antibiotics, nommed em down and got sick anyfuckinway. It was all good til I inevitably got to the point of having to use my rescue inhaler every hour to be able to do anything other than breathe like I was sucking an elephant through a straw. A neon green squiggly straw. Anywho, I tote myself to the ER at around 10:30pm. I get there, and am waiting to be triaged. Whilst I wait, I observe (b/c if I don't do something to get my mind off lack of oxygen, I'll prolly go into a panic attack. Ya know, that whole adding insult to injury thing). There's this old Jewish (I'm sure of it) northern couple....probably from New York....and I swear they WERE the stereotypical senior citizen couple from up top. The dude shuffles to the triage door and begins to knock, meanwhile his wife is sitting there with her hand on her head saying "whadaya DO-EEENG?!"..."I wanna know what's going on!" he says. The little triage nurse opens the door, and is then baraged with a line of questions around why he hasn't been seen yet, his mouth is bleeding and he's swallowing it and blood is going into his stomach, where are the Dr.'s ("Doctiz", is what he said), blah blah blah. I laughed....just a little, due to no air flow. Meanwhile, they proceed to take me back to triage and give me a breathing treatment on the spot. I'm pretty sure that while I was getting my breathing treatment I heard more knocking coming from the triage waiting area. I KNOW I wouldn't have opened that door. lol. So nothing else really to report around my ER visit. Today I took my silly ass BACK to the Dr. and he gave me all kinds of fancy-pants prescriptions. Prednisone (YAY!), more antibiotics, and a prescription for my very own NEBULIZER!!! So, in theory, ER visits will be a thing of the past! I had to go to a place called MEDICAP to get THAT joker. I felt like I had finally achieved REAL grandma status when I went there! All kinds of creepy pill bottles and canes w/ butterflies on them and $40 medical panty hose....yeesh. So between the copay of 2 Dr's visits ($25 a piece), 1 ER visit ($100), my nebulizer ($58....insurance does NOT cover the purchase of a nebulizer, btw. TOM FOOLERY!), and my sachel of drugs from Walmart ($29)...I can no longer purchase my fuzzy Northface coat, and it's all the fault of Rob. DAHHHHH!!!! Next on the agenda: tooth yankage tomorrow @ 3. What the fuck, man. Dr. visit, ER visit, another Dr. visit, sachel of drugs, and now tooth-pullage. Is this what gettin' old is all about? If so, I think I'll follow the advice once given to me by a fat, bald, chester-the-molester lookin motherfucker....next time I WILL down the whole bottle of painkillers and call it a damn day. This gettin' old shit is for the BIRDS....and not any kinda bird I like, either.

1 comment: