Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 2

So OK. The situation is that the boy moved out. But this blog is not about him. It's about me. Living *the single life*, only without the miscellaneous sex with strangers, b/c I am too damn introverted to go meet any kinda dudes.

I can clean stuff on my own. No problems. In fact, my house looks like the bomb dot com b/c I'm the only one around to make a mess. But when the boy was around, HE cooked. HE drove. HE went grocery shopping w/ me. All of this responsibility has now fallen on MY shoulders. Not a good look. The driving isn't really so bad. COOKING isn't really too awful either...it's mainly 1.) me feeling like cooking and 2.) me finding a variety of dinners vs. eating ravioli every night. It's the hunting and gathering that's the biggest issue. I learned this the hard way today.....

I didn't fall asleep last night til 4am (another complication of the single life). I ended out waking up around 1pm today. So it was already past the time I wanted to go grocery shopping. I figured if I went to walmart EARLY the amount of Tom Foolery might be at a minimum, or at least at a tolerable level. After feeding the cats & myself, showering, etc, I ended out getting to walmart at around 3:30. I almost got into a wreck in the parking lot. Strike one. I get into the store, grab my wagon (a "cart", or in some extreme cases "buggy", as it is known down south) and attempt to get through the sliding doors, only to have a dumb ass senior citizen standing right smack in the middle of the door to admire the fucking christmas tree. Then I almost collided with another fool riding on one of those hover-rounds w/ a shopping basket attached. Strike two. I head to the produce section. I feel like I'm being observed by the hood-boogers working in the deli. So I can't even purchase any bananas. I quickly drive away. I try to go down the bread aisle. There are people and their stupid carts strewn all over the center of the aisle, making it IMPOSSIBLE to get through. So I try to hit the next aisle, and I grab some stuffing without consequence. I think I made it through maybe 1 or 2 more aisles, almost colliding with idiots on every turn. It was when I hit the taco aisle that I lost my shit. I'm minding my own business, trying to not have a nervous breakdown, when a damn walmart employee decides it's a good idea to inform me he likes my tattoos.  Strike three. I'm out. I drive my little cart to an end cab, abandon it and my stuffing, and go the hell out the door. SO pissed. Well....pissed, and a little scared. If I can't handle going and shopping for groceries, how will I survive? I'll starve! So I decide to scoot on off to Target to at least purchase paper towels and maybe some mac & cheese bites for dinner. Once I arrive, I drive my wagon to the pain reliever spot first. I grab some tension headache meds b/c my head is burning. I snatch up some tampons and paper towels and head on over to the mac & cheese bite area. I see some good prices and decide that maybe I'll attempt to grocery shop here. Everything was going fine.....except people and their damn fuckin WAGONS!!!! These bitches just parking their wagons right in the middle of the aisle while they themselves basically sprawl out somewhere else in my way. I really considered playing bumper cars w/ my wagon and other patrons backsides. Eventually circumstances did improve...people were starting to get the hint that when we were on the same aisle they needed to be courteous and get the everliving fuck to one side or the other. So yea. I ended out getting almost everything I needed at Target, for the same price or cheaper than Walmart. I was happy at the end of this whole excursion, but it really left me wondering....how am I going to survive the real world on my own?......

2 comments:

  1. i have one question: wtf is a "hood-booger"? lmao i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you need a grocery shopping partner in crime to eff around with at the store... aka friend to come shopping with you and help you cook a decent meal :D

    ReplyDelete